DoubleTake Play Book (PB) app is “Minority Report meets coaching! It is not just a static whiteboard or drawing tool…it is a multi-screen play simulation experience for the entire team! Not only is PB is available on your BlackBerry® PlayBook™ and Android Market for use on the court, field, pitch, rink, bus, plane, hotel … it is also available on a 55” transparent holographic touch screen for your locker room, coach’s office or gym!
Play Book includes the following sports: Basketball, Football, Baseball, Soccer, Lacrosse, Hockey, Ringette, and even Curling! More sports added regularly upon request.
- PB is a play simulator, play recorder and instant replay app for coaches and sports teams to take with them on the court or field! Throw out your old clipboard and start using your tablet app instead!
- PB is a multi-touch play builder/recorder! You can touch the screen to add Xs/Os, drag them around, record plays, and run instant replays during the game! You can record unlimited plays and take your play book with you on the court, field, plane or bus!
- Plays are stored centrally on a server … which mean the entire team can access the plays on the web, desktop, tablet or touch screen in the locker room! You are not tied to one device. You can access your plays on the web at http://www.playbook4web.com !
- PB is also available on large transparent touch screens in your locker room or coaches office! Imagine collaborating with coaches and players on the design of the plays and interacting with them like Minority Report in front of the whole team and staff!
- PB is kept pure and simple and easy to use. Record and Run Instant Play. That’s it. Fast.
1. Register – Enter an email address and password and click the Register button. Check your email inbox. Click the link in the email to activate your account. Login. Your login info is saved, so when you return, just tap start!
2. Select a sport from the list of sports.
3. Tap Record, Tap Record a new Play.
4. Tap X or O or ball. Touch screen to using one or more fingers to add selected items to the court ,field, pitch, or rink.
5. After players are setup, Tap Record and drag each player around as if they were running the play. The movements will be recorded.
6. To Dribble or run the ball, double tap on the player you want to carry the ball. Drag the ball and the player will follow.
7. To pass, double tap on any player and the ball will be passed to that player.
8. To shoot, double tap the goal and the ball will move to the goal.
9. To preview the play, tap Play. The play will run.
10. To, setup the play again from the beginning tap Setup.
11. When finished, enter a name of the play and tap the check mark to save play. After play is saved, it will be added to your play list.
12. To run an instant replay, just tap the play in the play list! Tap the pencil/pen icon to draw on top of the play in red color.
1. Fixed splash screen issue with 1.0.3
2. Added Baseball
3. Added Offline Plays option. You can now take your plays offline and run them when you are not connected to the internet.
4. Added Drag Remove to Recording. If you want to remove a player or ball, just drag it into the lower left corner inside the Remove box. gone!
5. Improvements to user accounts. Registration and email validation are now required for sign up. My Account button added for users to change their email address and password. Re-Activation is required if changed.
1. Added Ringette sport
1. Added Curling sport
1. Adds “Dribble” or “run with the ball” feature. Just double tap on the player to get the ball.
2. Adds passing – just tap on the player you want to pass the ball to.
3. Adds shooting – just tap on the goal and the ball will go into the goal.
4. Adds Setup and Record modes. Allows you to setup your players to get ready to begin recording.
5. Adds “None” option to Setup to add nothing on tap. Tap none to ensure extra balls or players don’t get added by accident.